I’m feeling really empty on blog material this evening, but I fear incurring the
whine wrath of Veruca Salt, so here we go anyway…
1) Went to Waterbar SF tonight for $1 happy hour oysters. They were good, but now I feel weird. Apparently oysters, random fruity cocktail, and peppermint bark do not make for a nourishing square meal.
2) I’ve been completely wrapped up in my latest work project, and that’s been occupying the vast majority of my time and thoughts. Hence, lack of brain space for generating blog-worthy material.
3) My mom once wondered why we needed so many skillets in the house. “I don’t even have this many!”
4) New upstairs neighbor gets up around 6 am (for real!) and starts walking around (how dare he!). Unfortunately the floors are wood and his kitchen/living room is above my bedroom. I haven’t been well rested in a month and the bags are starting to coalesce under my eyes and reveal my pushing-thirty-ness.
The corollary to this is that his bedroom is above our living room, where we play pop/rock music and/or action/sci-fi programming until midnight-ish. So he probably hasn’t been well rested for a while either?
All of this got me Zillowing housing prices in Austin, TX today. I may actually be able to afford my dream house (close to everything, no surface-sharing neighbors) there!
5) On Monday, I saw someone pick a cup of chopped fruit (fork included) out of an overflowing public trash can and start eating it. I found this simulataneously gross and heart warming- what a nutritious, delicious, and otherwise expensive snack (assuming the germ thing works out ok)!
6) Speaking of pushing thirty, everyone I know who has rounded that corner seems to accept it with grace and happiness. Maybe because what other option does one really have?
I don’t think that’s going to be me. With a little over a year to go, I’m digging my heels in as hard as they will go. I’m planning to apply myself to having extreme amounts of non-fun just to make the time pass extra slow… Yup, that’ll probably work.
7) If I had been more organized about this, I could have turned this into 3 or 4 posts. Instead I poured the entire well into this one and now it’s gonna be dry for a spell. Oh well.
Stay back, Veruca.